Job Title: Service Technician
Reports To: Team Service Manager
FLSA Status: Bargaining
Vital Mechanical Service specializes in providing HVAC, pipe, plumbing and controls maintenance, service and repair in the greater Puget Sound Area. Your position as Service Technician is to provide expert technical services and exceptional customer service while making a profit.
As a service technician at Vital Mechanical Service you will:
- Save our customers time;
- Act in our customers best interest;
- Anticipate our customers’ needs before they ask;
- Respect our customer and the property we serve;
- Gives solutions that adds value in alignment with the customers goals;
- Advises the customer as their agent who watches out for their best interest;
- Recruit talented people to the service team and assist where needed in their training.
As a company our mission is to be recognized by our customers as the ‘company that provides exceptional experiences – every time – every way’.
Our culture is to support each other in what we do; it promotes family and future best interest.
Specific Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and develop a book of business with our customers to achieve the company vision and meet specific proforma goals.
- Learn the equipment, the mechanical system design, and the customer’s goals for all properties you are assigned.
- Understand the maintenance agreement, what services we provide and the associated hours and materials budget.
- Complete maintenance and repairs within given hours and budgets.
- Evaluate your customer’s mechanical system using the rating system and measurements defined.
- Provide quotes for repairs to your customer at time of service, before leaving site whenever possible.
- Advise your customer before leaving the site of needed repairs, leave no quote behind for future pricing.
- Avoid doing repair work on a time and material basis unless it is for diagnostic and discovery purposes, quote repairs.
- Maintain processes and quality standards.
- Retain customer accounts! Promote new accounts.
- Seek and learn beyond the union. Keep learning as a personal commitment so you will always be the best.
- Work safely, become OSHA 30 certified and adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
- Always ask WHY? Question and provide solutions to any procedure and practice that does not seem to be “LEAN” in effort and in principle.
Qualifications: We hire for your ability to serve the customer technically while providing an exceptional service. The desired qualifications for achieving success in this strategic position are:
- Coachable – ability to absorb and apply coaching.
- Curious – understanding a customer’s context through effective questioning and listening.
- Strong Work Ethic – proactively purse the mission with a high degree of energy and daily activity.
- Intelligent – able to learn complex concepts quickly and communicate those concepts in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Successful – demonstrates a series of successful outcomes in similar situations or positions.
- Adaptable – understands obstacles and changes in situation and quickly devise alternate solutions
- Technical Acumen – able to make good judgement and quick decisions in assessment and repair of mechanical equipment.
- Empathy – demonstrates the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
- Follow Through – the drive to continue an action or task to its conclusion.
- Servant – performs duties for others, without complaint, in context of mission.
- Tactical – demonstrates the ability to carefully plan specific actions to gain desired result.
- Paperwork – appreciates routine work involving written documentation.
- Humble – Shares credit, emphasizes team over self and defines success collectively rather than individually.
- Hungry – Self-motivated and diligent, constantly thinking about the next step and the next opportunity to help.
- Smart – interpersonally appropriate and aware, displays good judgement and intuition and is aware of the impact of words and actions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The environment is busy and fast paced. While meeting the individual responsibilities of your position you will be expected to be an active, positive, and cooperative member of our team. Direct communications with teammates with an attitude of mutual respect is essential. All employees are expected to be supportive of the Vision, Mission and Values of the company, and to have their job performance be consistent with these Statements. Your work, appearance, and attitude are expected to enhance our long-standing, excellent reputation. There may be off-hours work involving response to customer needs. There may also be required out of the meetings or training sessions.