Job Title: HVAC Project Account Executive
Reports To: Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a Project Account Executive, you will use your exceptional customer service skills and expert HVAC and Control design knowledge to develop scopes, options, estimates and proposals for fast turn HVAC and control projects.
We are a service business and many of your leads will be owners and end users. Some of your leads will originate from the team service manager and the sales manager. We are a growing company. You need to have the ability to hunt for new relationships and HVAC/Control project leads that can become a long-term maintenance account.
Everyone at Vital works to exceed our customer’s expectations, anticipate their needs, watching out for their best interest while offering the right HVAC solution. We do this by working as a team; we lean it to help each other help our customers. We know that this promotes growth for our families, friends, and our common best future together.
The ideal HVAC Project Executive will have these skills:
- Concern with results
- High sense of urgency
- Positive outlook
- Team player
Technical Knowledge –
- Has a strong understanding of different wet and dry mechanical systems designs.
- Has the ability to identify what may not be working properly in a mechanical system design and what can be done to solve the performance issue.
- Can do quick load calculations, duct layout, sizing, and pricing.
- Can develop scope and cost estimates without plans and specifications.
- Can navigate proposal scope with engineering to develop proposals and approved work.
- Has a working understanding of the mechanical and energy codes for Washington State.
- Can budget and estimate pricing options and communicate benefits and value to the customer.
- Can meet profit margin goals from our internal project customers and when necessary can hunt for new relationships and HVAC/Control project leads.
- Team sells with other salespeople and field personnel as appropriate for project or maintenances sales opportunities.
- Responsible of project profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to retain the customer’s satisfaction and loyalty.
Project Management –
- Develops project execution plan and secure all long lead equipment for work sold.
- Provides a turnover to the field and accounting for sold work.
- Monitors financial progress of projects.
- For projects lasting more than one billing, will create schedule of values to keep positive cash flow.
- For projects lasting more than one billing will project cost and revenue at completion report each month.
- Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Desire a BA/BS or higher in Business, Engineering or Science-related area. Will consider trade equivalent certification and training.
- Has 15 years of combined experience in the mechanical construction and service industry and a strong understanding of HVAC and control design in commercial buildings.
- Has technical training and or experience with Energy Rebate Programs, Mechanical and Control system design.
Interested in applying?
Click the button below to complete the application.