Job Title: Service Technician
Reports To: Team Service Manager
FLSA Status: Bargaining
Vital Mechanical Service specializes in providing HVAC, pipe, plumbing and controls maintenance, service and repair in the greater Puget Sound Area. Your position as Service Technician is to provide expert technical services while providing exceptional customer experience and making a profit.
As a service technician you will:
- Operate within our company Core Values in all maters; Integrity, Teamacity, Do The Right Thing, and have a Positive Outlook;
- Save our customers time;
- Act in our customers best interest;
- Anticipate our customers’ needs before they ask;
- Respect our customer and the property we serve;
- Gives solutions that adds value in alignment with the customers goals;
- Advises the customer as their agent who watches out for their best interest;
- Recruit talented people to the service team and assist where needed in their training.
As a company our mission is to be recognized by our customers as the ‘company that provides exceptional experiences – every time – every way’.
Our culture is to support each other in what we do; it promotes family and future best interest.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and repair customers mechanical systems, solve technical issues and provide a quality product.
- Complete all work within given hours and budgets.
- Manage and develop a book of business with our customers to achieve the company vision and meet specific proforma goals.
- Learn the equipment, the mechanical system design, and the customer’s goals for all properties you are assigned.
- Understand the maintenance agreement, what services we provide and the associated hours and materials budget.
- Evaluate your customer’s mechanical system using the rating system and measurements defined.
- Provide quotes for repairs to your customer at time of service, before leaving site whenever possible.
- Advise your customer before leaving the site of needed repairs, leave no quote behind for future pricing.
- Avoid doing repair work on a time and material basis unless it is for diagnostic and discovery purposes, quote repairs.
- Maintain Vital Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and quality standards.
- Retain customer accounts! Promote new accounts.
- Seek and learn beyond the union, remain current with industry training. Keep learning as a personal commitment so you will always be the best.
- Ensure a safe work environment on and off site, become OSHA 30 certified and adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
- Always ask WHY? Question and provide solutions to any procedure and practice that does not seem to be “LEAN” in effort and in principle.
- Your work, appearance, and attitude are expected to enhance our long-standing, excellent reputation.
We hire for your ability to serve while providing an exceptional experience. The desired qualifications for achieving success are:
- 4 years field experience;
- OSHA 30, First Aid/CPR, 06A electrical license or trainee card, universal EPA card;
- Computer literate and proficient in the software applications used in the job. +other technology;
- Requires strong people, social, and soft skills to foster teamwork, and deliver exceptional service to our clients;
- Ability to work extended hours and be available by phone as needed to provide technical support.
The Ideal Person:
- Is coachable, can absorb and apply coaching.
- Has a high sense of self-awareness to ‘rise above’ difficult situations while remaining professional.
- Strong sense of integrity, to do the right thing.
- Has excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with no supervision.
- Establish priorities, and maintain them, in an environment of difficulty.
- Has a high energy level, is highly motivated to win.
- Has outstanding diagnostic and repair skills, strong understanding of mechanical system design.
- Demonstrates critical-thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively even in difficult situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must at times lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The environment is busy and fast paced. While meeting the individual responsibilities of your position you will be expected to be an active, positive, and cooperative member of our team. Direct communications with teammates with an attitude of mutual respect is essential. All employees are expected to be supportive of the Vision, Mission and Values of the company, and to have their job performance be consistent with these Statements. Your work, appearance, and attitude are expected to enhance our long-standing, excellent reputation. There may be off-hours work involving response to customer needs. There may also be required out of the meetings or training sessions.